AQUASOL Dissolved Oxygen Test Kit, 0.5-8 mg/l(Blue)
Based on the Winkler test for determination of dissolved oxygen in water samples. Dissolved oxygen (D.O.) is widely used in water quality studies and routine operation of water reclamation facilities to analyze its level of oxygen saturation.
D.O. is essential for the aquatic plant and animal life. DO is detrimental in boiler systems because it leads to corrosion in boiler systems. DO analysis measures the amount of gaseous oxygen (o2) dissolved in an aqueous solution DO measurement is a tricky business, but our kit makes testing easy and simple.
Maitaining Dissolved Oxygen Levles in your Pond to Reduce Fish Kils.
What is Dissolved Oxygen?
Dissolved oxygen refers to the level of free, non-compound oxygen present in water or other liquids. It is an important parameter in assessing water quality because of its influence on the organisms living within a body of water.
Where Does DO Come From?
Dissolved oxygen enters water through the air or as a plant byproduct. From the air, oxygen can slowly diffuse across the water’s surface from the surrounding atmosphere, or be mixed in quickly through aeration, whether natural or man-made
Directions for Use:
D.O Fixing:- The Dissolved Oxygen Requires to be Fixed Before Testing.
1. Rinse the D.O test bottle 2-3 times with sample water. Fill it till it overflows with the sample water and then stopper the bottle and ensure that no air bubbles are trapped inside.
2. now add 10 drops of D.O. 1 followed by 10 drops of D.O.2. Mix Well. wait for a minute. A brown precipitate will be formed and will start settling. firmly stopper the bottle and shake the content thoroughly. keep the bottle in a safe place for a minimum of 20 minutes.
3. Now Add 10-12 drops of D.O.3. Replace the stopper and shake the bottle till the precipitate Dissolves, Add more drops if required to dissolve.
4. Now this sample is used for testing.
1. Take 10ml of sample (from step 3 of D.O Fixing) in the test jar.
2. Add 4 drops of D.O 4. Mix Well.
3. Now drop wise* Add D.O 5, Countintg the number of Drops while mixing until the blue colour disappears.